Want to watch the best of the action in the IRC Cyprus Rally 2012? Â Here is everything you need to know. Â Maps of where to find the Special Stages, a full Entry List and an explanation of the Classes and Groups. Â Read on to get all the information to enjoy a great weekend of motorsport.
IRC Cyprus Rally 2012 Maps
All the action takes place between Friday 2 November and Sunday 4 November 2012. Â The rally is based at Paphos, with special stages in the Akamas and Paphos Forest.
IMPORTANT: Â Note last minute changes to the itinerary. Â Read the new stage dates and times.
IRC Cyprus Rally 2012 Entry List
37 of the world’s top rally drivers will be competing the rally including last year’s outright winner Andreas Mikkelsen and many time winner Nasser Al-Attiyah.
IRC Cyprus Rally 2012 Classes and Groups
Many spectators find it difficult to understand the different Classes and Groups of cars competing in the rally. Â What’s the difference an S2000 and a Group N car? Â Find out with this list of Classes and Groups.
Please always keep safety in mind. The following points may help:
- Motorsport can be dangerous and despite taking all reasonable precautions, unavoidable accidents can happen. In respect of these, you are present at your own risk.
- Please donâ€™t bring your dog
- Children and infants should always be accompanied by an adequate amount of adults who remain responsible for their behaviour
- Please make sure you dress according to the weather conditions
- Take all litter home with you
- Do not light fires or barbeques – they can cause major fires with serious consequences
- Consider your own safety and that of others
- Please be considerate to other spectators to ensure everyone can enjoy the event
- Listen to the marshals – they are there to help you and ensure the event runs within the safety guidelines
- Marshals and officials have the right to work without being abused or threatened. Abusive, threatening or violent behaviour towards officials (who are all volunteers) will not be tolerated and spectators will be evicted from the event
Rally cars move very quickly and may:
- Run wide on corners
- Cut across corners
- Leave the road
- Throw up stones and dust
- Do what you least expect
- Enjoy the rally â€“ but please take great care
Think you know best? Â Watch what happened recently at the Rallye de France. Â You wouldn’t have expected that, would you?
Video courtesy of BestofRallyLive.com.